Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Incredible Thigh Reducer....

.... does not exist. BUT I did get your attention :)

Today was a cross-training day so I decided that I would head to the gym to enjoy lifting some weights. More on that in a minute.

It was a nice day so I decided to ride my bike to the gym.


And yes it was awesome, because it was sunny. And because, have you seen those gas prices??


Anyways, the workout was perfect. Just what I needed to stretch out my sore muscles and give my legs a break. A little muscle definition is pretty cool too right?

 

You know what else is cool?? That strength training is AWESOME for you!

"With a regular strength training program, you can reduce your body fat, increase your lean muscle mass and burn calories more efficiently. If your aerobic workouts aren't balanced by a proper dose of strength training, you're missing out on a key component of overall health and fitness."  --From The Mayo Clinic


AND....


"Weight lifting can also reduce your susceptibility to injury and can even cure specific injuries, such as shin splints or runner's knee, which are often associated with specific muscle weaknesses." -- From Alberto Salazar's Guide To Road Racing.

So there you have it, it doesn't matter what your goals are (maybe to run further or to lose a little weight), get your butt to the gym because just like milk, it does a body good.

No comments:

Post a Comment