Saturday, May 14, 2011

Something Borrowed

Since the hubby finally has to go back to work on Sunday, (he's been on leave for 2 weeks following his return from deployment) we decided we deserved a date night.

That gave me a chance to get all dressed up and put on something besides workout clothes.
Note the stacks of shopping receipts... guilty!

This also meant we got to go out to eat. And I was mostly a good girl, but I mean it was Red Lobster and they have had delicious biscuits!

And then we went to the movies. We saw "Something Borrowed" 
We both really liked it and they did a decent job of sticking to the storyline of the book. I'm curious if they will make a movie of "Something Blue"....

So, speaking of something borrowed... I need more blogs to follow. So who's your favorite? For those newish runners like me, who do you find inspirational?


Did you see "Something Borrowed"? Did you like it?

7 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I want to see that movie, but the husband is being a bit... difficult... about it. :). I love all of her books, so I'd be happy to see more made into movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to get dressed up every now and again as well, since I normally just wear my running clothing around. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun date night!
    I'm looking at your blog list and I think we read a lot of the same blogs! I am so inspired by the amazing runners. Maybe one day!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I loved the books! I'm looking forward to seeing the film!

    And, I cannot get within 25 feet of the RL biscuits. I have a restraining order that I placed on myself. They are so good! But I feel like death afterward. Ha!

    PS: Thanks for the follow! And I'll recommend my real-life running buddies blogs: Zoe at Run, Zoe, Run; Mel at Tall Mom on the Run; Chelsea at Will Run for Food; Megan at Daily Sweat; Jill at Running to Sanity; ... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo - I want to see that movie. I haven't read the book...I don't do that sort of thing ;)

    I'm following your blog now. Some of the blogs I check out that I didn't see on your list are RunEmz (http://www.runemz.com/), See Mom Run Far (http://seemomrunfar.blogspot.com/), Middle Aged Runner (http://middle-agedrunner.blogspot.com/). I am following A TON more - there are lots, but those are some that I keep up with (besides the ones you have)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I am your newest follower. I don't have a particular favorite running blog. There are so many out there that have a lot of tips to offer.

    Reading all the fitness blogs helps keep my motivation in wanting to run :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really want to see that movie soon!

    ReplyDelete