Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Run so I can Bake

Yesterday as planned I lugged myself over to the track. The whole way there all I could think was negative things...

1. I hate running in circles.
2. I despise running the 800m

But I went there knowing that if I ever want to improve my time, I had to do it.

I was scheduled to do 6x800m with 400m recovery.

I only was able to do 4. My legs started to feel like jello because I had run five miles and done a lower body workout the day before.

But I am proud of my times.

1x800 4:37 (9:14 pace)
2x800 4:34 (9:08 pace)
3x800 4:40 (9:20 pace)
4x800 4:39 (9:18 pace)

My usual runs are about 11:00 pace, 10:30 on a good day. So I think I did good pushing myself. I wasn't sure how much you were supposed to increase you pace by. Any advice?
















After my workout I made some delicious spicy coconut shrimp 
with mango salsa and coconut jasmine rice.


Today I am going to attempt to give my legs a break in preparation for my long run on Friday. I think a walk with the dog would help loosen them up.

Also in the plans today:

**Read a book outside in the sun. (I picked up "Born to Run" after hearing how good it is)

**Learn how to make scones.


**Maybe yoga class tonight. I wish it was on the beach like this!


**Find some new music. Any favorites your loving right now? I need some new artists!

Do you bake? What is you favorite pastry to make?
Do you do intervals? 

4 comments:

  1. When I bake, it's usually just brownies. I have a thing for brownies.

    When I do intervals it's on a treadmill, and it's never planned out. It's more "run at this speed until you're about to vomit, then walk until you're no longer about to vomit" x5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome times, speedy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner seriously looks amazing. I think your track workout was great! I try to make it at least one minute faster than normal, 2 is better. SO yours looks perfect!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! That meal looks awesome! I've been saying for a while that I want to improve my times...I'm committing to start track work outs this week. You did a great job on tired legs!

    ReplyDelete