Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School is out for the summer!!!!

I took my last final this morning heck yes! Since the final I had today was not important, in my mind summer started yesterday.

So far summer is AWESOME.

I worked out twice yesterday.

5 mile run in the AM (well it was one in the afternoon. I'm working on this morning thing.)


For some reason I really struggled with this run.

Maybe because of this sign...                                                                                Or maybe these trees....





















Either way I was really struggling with my breathing. I felt myself reverting back to my old self and playing mind games. The thoughts kept creeping into my mind that if I kept running I was going to have an asthma attack. I don't know why I started thinking about this again. I haven't had any problems since I started running. It took nearly three miles to calm down and get in a groove. Do you guys ever have a run where you feel like you're fighting with yourself the whole run? Uhh. It was frustrating. Regardless, at least I got in my scheduled five mile run.

Good news, since I have nothing to do all day, I had time to go to the gym with hubby.

That's right folks, workout number two.

Workout went as followed:

15 min bike warm up, 4.2 miles
Kettle Swing/Squat
Smith Squats
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises
Hip Adduction
Hip Abduction
Prone Leg Curl

I did 3 sets of 15 reps of each exercise. I also did 25 Jumping Jacks in between each set of each exercise (that's 300 JJ's!) to keep my heart rate up. My heart rate increases and decreases really easy so to keep it up, I usually incorporate either jumping jacks or jump rope.


Today's plan in to head to the track and do an interval workout.
6x800 m
400 m recovery

I am also headed back to the gym to work on my arms and back today.

Did I mention that I love summer? Nothing to do but workout!

What are your plans this summer?


For those of you with the summer off, do you intend to increase your training?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Way to go!

    Summer will be working and camping. Oh and running!


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. School is NOT out! Quit being a tease! Haha! :)

    School ends June 3rd here, but I'm teaching summer school right after. No break for me until July!

    Way to go on the double workout! I have definitely fought my own self so many times. I can do more physically than I can mentally. I start to doubt and psyche myself out. I hate days like those! BUT, you did it! You finished it and did another workout after that! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete