Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Girls (Who Run the World)" -Beyonce

Yesterday during my gym workout the Women's US soccer team was playing on the TV. Now, I am not all that into soccer, but any time the US has a chance at winning something I like to watch.

U.S. striker Abby Wambach heads home the go-ahead goal in the 79th minute.
Source
The minute the US won their game (vs. France), Beyonce's "Girls (Who Run the World)" came onto my iPod.

Source

Thought it was interesting and should definitely be the team's theme song should they win on Sunday.

I don't really know all the words to the song but just the course got me thinking...

Two things:

1) Literally, we RUN the world. Sometimes I think about how many people all over the world are running at the exact moment I am. Thinking about all the places people get to run is amazing. I live in California and although some people might think that is ideal, I miss running in different seasons.

--What's your favorite season to run?
--Send me you favorite picture of the best place you have gotten to run, I'd love to see.

2) I'm not a feminist or anything, but there is just something inspiring when listening to a song about how awesome we women are. (BTW, did you know Beyonce is #9 on the Forbes most powerful people women list???)

Needless to say, I LOVE that song!!

What gets you going during your workout?? A song, a thought, a goal??
Music is definitely my number one during a run!

2 comments:

  1. I think spring is definitely the best time to run! Perfect weather.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good song during a workout. One of my favorites is "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

    ReplyDelete